Know The Facts
Know the facts about booking a fishing charter. We at Gettin’ Lucky take our craft seriously and we take great pride and pleasure in putting you on the fish of a lifetime. Here is what sets Gettin’ Lucky apart from the other charter captains:
- Captain Scott is on the water daily, sometimes running 2 to 3 trips each day. This enables Captain Scott to know exactly where the fish are biting.
- Captain Scott is a FULL-TIME guide He does not have the distractions of a day job and his passion is putting people on fish and an all-around good time on the water! He’s been on the water all week with customers and knows where the fish are biting. This all adds up to Captain Scott putting you on the bite sooner and longer. Time is money. Spend less time looking and more time catching!
- Captain Scott is the owner and operator. You will speak directly with Captain Scott when booking the trip and will be fishing with Captain Scott. Captain Scott is not a booking service that puts you on some boat with a grumpy captain and simply takes a percentage. You will be fishing with Captain Scott on Captain Scott’s boat using Captain Scott’s tackle and Captain Scott’s bait unless you require a multi-boat charter.
- The boat, tackle and equipment are all top-notch We use rugged Shimano TLD’s for kite fishing. The TLD’s lever drag system makes them the ideal reel for the kite. All of Captain Scott’s gear is top-notch. He only fishes best-of-breed Penn and Shimano tackle.
- Captain Scott does not work with a booking service. Captain Scott believes in personalized service and in building relationships. When you fish with Captain Scott, you’re family.
- If Captain Scott is booked on the date you need, he has great relationships with two other guides that are talented and adhere to the same marine conservation ethics and professionalism as Captain Scott. These captains have received the Captain Scott Seal of Approval and Captain Scott guarantees that you will have a great time with them.
- Captain Scott has an even-keel and does not turn into Captain Ahab at the first lost fish or broken tackle. We have heard horror stories about other guides around here. He is very easy-going and looks forward to fishing with you and giving you the experience of a lifetime.
- When you reserve a charter with Captain Scott and the weather prevents you from safely enjoying a day on the water, your deposit is 100% refundable. Captain Scott doesn’t refund 50%. Not 75%. Captain Scott refunds 100% of your deposit. Beware that many local guides try to take you out in unsafe weather conditions. We want you to enjoy the beautiful weather as well as the fishing that our area has to offer. Captain Scott will not jeopardize your safety for any reason.
- Captain Scott offers charters specifically tailored to small children so as to introduce our future anglers to the best sport in the world. Captain Scott takes great pride in keeping children engaged throughout the trip. Captain Scott would be honored to put your child on the fish of a lifetime.
Don’t leave your fishing adventure to chance, only to have it turn into a miserable day on the water.
Captain Scott is very passionate about his guide service and he strives to exceed all expectations from the moment you meet to the end of the day and our personal service doesn’t stop there.